Kurt Euler wrote:
> All- Can anyone give me some general tips and gotchas for how to migrate
> Ruby code from Windows to UNIX (apart from taking care to convert drive
> mappings)? A recent program I ran on Windows in a about 20 seconds runs
> in about 1 second on a UNIX box. Only problem is, no work gets done.
> Expected output files aren't created. No errors are thrown, but screen
> "puts" for monitoring progress are sporatic.

General tip: Watch out for alternate EOL characters.

Mostly an issue when the shebang line has a trailing ^M

The tip-off is usually a "bad interpreter" error message or something
along those lines.

More specific to your case: Try running with tracing:

% ruby -rtracer code.rb

Also verify file and directory permissions, though these things should
raise errors.

And turn on warnings.

James