On Sunday 27 February 2005 09:14 pm, Shashank Date wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jim Weirich wrote:
> > RubyGems checks for the following environment variables in searching for
> > a home directory:
> >
> >    ENV['HOME']
> >    ENV['USERPROFILE']
> >    ENV['HOMEDRIVE']:ENV['HOMEPATH']
> >
> > If none the above are defined, it tries to expand "~".  If that fails, it
> > defaults to "C:/" on windows and "/" otherwise.
>
> I get the same result even though ENV['USERPROFILE'] and
> ENV['HOMEDRIVE']+ENV['HOMEPATH'] are defined and have the same value.

Hmmmm ... I double checked the code again.  It seems that we very carefully
check all the environment variables I mention above when we look for a
location to put the source index cache, but not when we look for the .gemrc
file.

I've fixed this in CVS.

In the mean time, you can set HOME if you want your .gemrc file in a location
other than c:\.