On Sunday 27 February 2005 07:19 pm, Shashank Date wrote:
> Chad Fowler wrote:
> > I believe it uses %HOME%, and not %HOMEPATH%.  What would that be set
> > to on Windows?
>
> I have HOMEPATH and HOMEDRIVE but not HOME.
>
> > it might just be C:\.gemrc in this case.
>
> Yes, that worked !
>
> I would prefer it to be in %HOMEPATH%, though so that every
> user of the machine could have their own copy. This is not
> an issue on my home PC but will be at work.

RubyGems checks for the following environment variables in searching for a
home directory:

   ENV['HOME']
   ENV['USERPROFILE']
   ENV['HOMEDRIVE']:ENV['HOMEPATH']

If none the above are defined, it tries to expand "~".  If that fails, it
defaults to "C:/" on windows and "/" otherwise.

I'm not sure why it is not picking it up your situation.   Hmmmm.