On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:34:58 +0900, Shashank Date <sdate / everestkc.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Chad Fowler wrote:
> >
> > $ gem update --system
>
> Cool ! Worked like a charm :-)
>
> > This should automatically download and install the upgrade.
> >

> On Windows platform, where should I create the .gemrc file so that it is
> seen by gem. I created one in my  %HOMEPATH% but it keeps saying:
>
> C:\>gem -v
> Config file /.gemrc does not exist
> 0.8.6
>
> C:\>

Good question.  I'll make a note to try it tomorrow on my Windows
machine.  None handy at the moment, I'm afraid.  I'm guessing that it
works _somehow_, because Gavin Sinclair wrote that code and he uses
Windows.

I believe it uses %HOME%, and not %HOMEPATH%.  What would that be set
to on Windows?  it might just be C:\.gemrc in this case.

--

Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com