> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:11:42 +0900, Jim Freeze <jim / freeze.org> wrote:
> > Now that I can update gems one at a time, it would be nice if I
> > could look at dependencies. For example, I would like to see
> > something like:
[...]
> >   gem dependencies_of rails
> >     Dependencies for rails x.y.z
> >      - actionmailer-x.y
> >      - actionpack-x.y
> >      - builder-x.y
> >      - rake-x.y
> >      - ...

You can dump the gemspec and see the dependencies ... but it's not pretty...

        gem spec rails
       [lots of yaml output follows]

And there is no standard way of doing reverse dependencies.

Actually, Chad and I were chatting about how we don't like the way gems
handles reverse dependencies during an uninstall. If we update that logic, it
would be a good time to expose it to the user some way.

Thanks for the suggestion.