Chad Fowler wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:34:34 +0900, Jim Weirich <jim / weirichhouse.org> wrote:
>

>>= Announce: RubyGems Release 0.8.5
>>
>>Hello one and all.  It is time for another RubyGems update.
>>

>When it rains, it pours!
>
>Actually, Jim noticed a small but potentially very inconvenient bug in
>my shebang-line logic (Ryan, your feature request is in, by the way).
>Hopefully Jim caught it before any of you had to.
>
>So, we've just released RubyGems 0.8.6.  This is a great chance for
>RubyGems 0.8.5 users to try the (new in 0.8.5) feature:
>
>$ gem update --system

Indeed it workds and it is great :)

$ sudo gem update --system
(...)
Upgrading RubyGems...
Attempting remote upgrade of rubygems-update
Attempting remote installation of 'rubygems-update'
Successfully installed rubygems-update, version 0.8.6
Installing RDoc documentation for rubygems-update-0.8.6...
Updating version of RubyGems
Installing RubyGems 0.8.6
(...)
  Successfully built RubyGem