On 2005-02-25, Danie Roux <droux / tuks.co.za> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 09:00:11PM +0900, George  Moschovitis wrote:
>> Is this distribution still maintained?
>>
>> -g.
>
> George,
>
> Yes it is.

When I was peeking at it at last time, I found it quite strange that it
uses rar as its package archive format.

I'm not that orthodox about using only free software, but why to use a
propietary one with no reason? Moreover, apart from that, why to do
something in non-standard way without reason? Even if it's better than
tar.* there can't be a significant difference. I remember that I
extracted a (bz2'd) tarball of mine, re-archived with rar, and it just
grew bigger...

Apart from that, the package manager seemed to be quite clever. I also
wrote one, sharing the same basic idea, just not in ruby, but sh + c...

Csaba