I'm trying to get Rake to  build a gem for me, and it seems to be having
a problem when it calls safe_ln.  I get an error message telling me that
one or another of the file names is an invalid argument.

rm -r pkg
mkdir -p pkg
mkdir -p pkg/Roy-0.0.1
rm -f pkg/Roy-0.0.1/README
ln README pkg/Roy-0.0.1/README
rake aborted!
Invalid argument - README or pkg/Roy-0.0.1/README

This may be due to having cygwin on my PC; it offers an 'ln'
implementation.  But maybe not.  If try that same Rake 'ln' command by
hand at the command line, it works fine.

Has anyone else seen this?  I've added some fix-it code to
packagetask.rb to fall back to a plain cp, but that will break as a soon
as I update Rake.  Seems, though, that safe_ln should be catching the
exception and doing this itself.

Thanks,

James