la, 2005-02-26 kello 01:22, Michael Neumann kirjoitti:
> > Nice!
> >
> > What I think we'll see someday, a new set of smart components integrated
> > into web app frameworks that render GUI components in the browser that
> > automatically know how to talk to their corresponding server-side objects
> > for behind-the-scenes data transfer. This would make it much easier to build
> > web apps whose GUI is as responsive as a desktop app (well... at least
> > closer).
>
> Hm, in Wee, this should be pretty easy (if someone can point me to an
> easy to use XxlHttpRequest client library, I'll try this out):

Hi, if you're interested, I wrote some XmlHttpRequest stuff
(live-updating search + content divs + editing) for a website project.
Refactoring it into something more usable now. Of course, if there's a
good ready-made lib, that should preferably be used instead :)

http://dark.fhtr.org/js_xml/  -- works in Firefox/Mozilla, Konqueror
fails, haven't tested in others

Anyhow, it demonstrates the concepts involved. Basically, override
link/form default eventhandler, define a callback function to be called
when the request is ready and make it update the dom using the retrieved
data.

Ilmari Heikkinen