Dick Davies wrote:
> * Curt Hibbs <curt / hibbs.com> [0255 22:55]:
>
>>What I think we'll see someday, a new set of smart components integrated
>>into web app frameworks that render GUI components in the browser that
>>automatically know how to talk to their corresponding server-side objects
>>for behind-the-scenes data transfer. This would make it much easier to build
>>web apps whose GUI is as responsive as a desktop app (well... at least
>>closer).
>

> Isn't this what Borges and Seaside do?
>
> Wee sortof does too, from a brief look at the videos someone posted the other
> day.

Yeah, Wee can do that in the same way as Seaside or Borges. It supports
continuation based web-applications, but it's not turned on by default,
due to possible non-reliable memory behaviour. Nevertheless, you don't
need continuations for the kind of application you're talking about.
GUIs are event-driven as well and do not have a sequential flow (they
are not "modal").

Regards,

   Michael