I'm trying to update my installation of Rails on a Win2k box, and get
this error when the pross gets around to trying to install actionmailer:

Attempting remote installation of 'actionmailer'
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
     undefined method `serialize' for
CGI::Session::ActiveRecordStore::Session:Class

In the past when I had actionmailer problems when updating Rails (the
last three of four times I updated Rails, think) I was told to delete
old copies of actionmailer.  I've done that again now, but it doesn't help.

Anyone know of a way around this error?

I could live very happily without actionmailer (none of my code does any
mailing), but the Rails gem insists I install it anyway.

Thanks,

James

P.S.

I've managed to update Rials on my Linux box with no problem.  Is there
a way to just copy over a gem installed on one machine to another?  I
tried just copying the gem subfolder folder with the actionmailer lib
files in them, but it didn't work.  When I tried to install Rails it
acted as if actionmailer was not installed.