On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Neil Stevens wrote:

> IBM is a big company, and various tentacles work on many things.
>
> There is no one monolithic "them" to show Ruby to!

I'm trying to promote Ruby.  I'm working around a bunch of Japanese
engineers who I would like to convince that Ruby is a good thing.
However, there does seem to be a bit of a cultural "disconnect" going on,
I haven't really been able to socialize with them.  I'm just the "Friendly
Neighborhood Sysadmin", not one of the designers.  Since there is a rather
large Japanese contingent here, perhaps some of y'all would be willing to
give me some pointers.  If I'm successful, it would help get Ruby into
Sony and Toshiba as well.

-- Matt
Nothing great was ever accomplished without _passion_