> Maybe there should be a sub-project of Rails for components like this.
> There is a core framework piece, where you can specify standard XML
> (runs
> Javascript functions, twiddles content in the DOM, adds into the DOM,
> etc
> etc). I would love to work on this with people.

I've started this in the small with my current Rails project (code
named Honey). At first, it's just about bundling a nice xmlhr
javascript library and then providing cool integration through helpers.
But I'm very interested in additional help here. So let's huddle around
this.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,
http://www.basecamphq.com/   -- Web-based Project Management