Hi there,

Through my employer I am involded in a rather major standardisation
effort in the Netherlands were we try to interconnect governmental
databases through XML/ReST based webservices (I've designed the
architecture and protocol). Yesterday I got permission from the Project
Board to use Ruby or Python as the prototyping language for use in the
implementation toolkit which will be distributed among implementors.
Well. that's the good news. The "bad" news is that a functional
requirement of any participating system is, that it can automaticaly
validate the XML messages against a provided schema. Unfortunately,
REXML, nice as it is, doesn't support XML validation in this manner.

Can anyone point me to a (schema based) validating XML parser which can
be used from Ruby? I've seen a reference to a Ruby binding for expat.
But that one dates from 2002.

Regards,

Iwan