Gavin Kistner wrote:

> To be clear - the proposal is NOT to make Ruby act like one of the
> many other languages where "", 0 and friends are treated as non-truth
> values in boolean expressions. The proposal is simply to add an
> additional method to all that allows a programmer to treat them the
> same in the few cases where that is desirable.

As long as we are only proposing to add a new method then I am happy but
to be honest I think that the utility of this method will be very small
and the potential for confusion big. The difference will be subtle and
only visible in particular situations. I expect that it could become a
gotcha very quickly.