On Feb 22, 2005, at 6:47 AM, Gavin Kistner wrote:
> I would support an RCR with this proposal, under just about any method
> name :)

As I responded in the destructive! thread, if people are opposed to the
term "empty?", then what about the sort of fun name of "vapid?"
instead?

vap-id
adj.
	1.  	Lacking liveliness, animation, or interest; dull: vapid
conversation.
	2.  	Lacking taste, zest, or flavor; flat: vapid beer.

We're not actually denigrating the value so far as to call it empty or
useless, but simply stating that it's one that we commonly aren't
interested in. (Although to be precise, I suppose we tend to be
interested in these values specifically because they are so different
from all the others...it's just that it's only the others that we care
about :)

0.vapid? #=> true
"".vapid? #=> true
[].vapid? #=> true