Paul> So if anyone has or knows an email address that doesn't
Paul> match the first regexp, or that matches the second regexp,
Paul> please let me know.

Yes.  "Randal L. Schwartz"@stonehenge.com does not match the first
regexp, and is valid according to RFC822.  I haven't activated that
one, but I could in about 10 seconds, to be my email address.

Paul> After an (in)finite amount of time we will have the
Paul> right regular expression(s).

Please see my other postings in this thread. I posted the regexp that
matches RFC822 (except for nested comments).  It's about 8000
characters long.

PLEASE READ THE REST OF THIS THREAD.

<merlyn / stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>