Curt Hibbs wrote:
> One more suggestion: you could make a FreeRIDE plugin out of jabber4r, and
> then use the jabber4r comm link both for chat-style messages and for
> synchronized edited.

That seems like an interesting idea, though I don't know the first thing
about Jabber.

To clarify lest anyone misunderstand: When I said pair-programming features
for FreeRIDE, I meant of course *remote* pair programming.

The idea has always interested me, but I have always felt daunted by the
prospect of implementing it. I wouldn't attempt it alone, as I recall how
many hours it took me just to get that little chess server to work. But
hopefully Jabber hides most of the networking details, leaving FXRuby and
Scintilla as the biggest hurdles.

Hal