Well, I like how you've laid out the projects.  A more ambitious
project (later on) would to create an integrated paired development
system.
Something that integrates chat (text/voice/video), with code editing
and wiki like capabilities.  In other words, something that would allow
for
very good and rapid development and collaboration with people situated
in many diverse locations (say that ten times fast).

I like the order in which you've discussed potential projects, but
could someone please point me to a link for "xBase".  I have no idea
what that is.

-Shalev