jm wrote:
> tried and ran into problems with
>
> $ ruby sample/HelloWorld.rb
> /Users/gg/ulocal//lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/osx/cocoa.rb:12:in
`require':
> No such file to load -- osx/objc/cocoa (LoadError)
>          from
/Users/gg/ulocal//lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/osx/cocoa.rb:12
>          from sample/HelloWorld.rb:14:in `require'
>          from sample/HelloWorld.rb:14
>
> I found this in
> /Library//Frameworks/RubyCocoa.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/
> ruby/osx/objc/ and tried putting in a symbolic only to be rewarded
with
> "undefined superclass `ObjcID' (TypeError)"

Is rubycocoa.bundle properly located in the powerpc-darwin7.2.0 folder?
That's what causes Ruby to link in the RubyCocoa framework, so it seems
to be a problem with that. I don't have the objc folder in my site_ruby
either and RubyCocoa works fine over here.

Also, I found during some of my own troubleshooting that symbolic links
don't always work for RubyCocoa components (and in fact I think I got
that same error when I tried). You'll need to copy the actual resource.