On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 07:09:43 +0900, Martin DeMello
<martindemello / yahoo.com> wrote:
> David A. Black <dblack / wobblini.net> wrote:
> >
> > If you're just using one item, it's more like "interspersing" or
> > something.
>
> "Interpolate", I was thinking, particularly with the block version.

It may be just me, but in a programming context I see 'interpolate' as
referring to the interpolation behavior of string literals. I assume
that your name choice is reflecting it's use in graphics?

The actual meaning of interpolate is much more vague; it just means to
insert or interject. I thought interspersing was pretty good, as it
implies (to me) multiple copies at regular intervals.

cheers,
Mark