Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
[...]

to boost the process, I'll fill the given answers:

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/nitro-general/2005-February/000022.html

into the template.

The discussed technology is this one:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/nitro/

-

> jamStack - Technology Collection
>
> [V0.4 - draft]
>
> This is the main page of the fictive technology collection jamStack,
> which serves as an evaluation template for real live technology and
> tools collections.
> IDE
>
> An IDE is not contained in this technology stack. An IDE supports this
> technology stack (and possibly adds/enhances some of the functionality).

Nitro/Og does not provide or require an IDE. You can use the IDE
that suits you.

> Analysis&Design
>
>     * OOAD - Think, Analyze and Design in a straight Object [or
> component] Oriented way

Supported

>     * Use of metadata within the design (on text level [code file])

Supported

>     * Fully synchronized Code level and/or Visual design.

Not available

> Code Generators
>
>     * Use of predefined and user defined code generators

Supported at run time or development time, Nitro/Og generates most
of the code for you.

> Deployment
>
>     * Initial design runs on local client.

Supported (Webrick, SQLite3)

>     * Ability to transform design to run on higher grade systems
>           o High Load Systems (load balancing, clustering )
>           o large scale OODBMS

Supported (FastCGI, Postgresql, Oracle)

>     * Ability to transform design to run on embedded devices.

Partially supported (Webrick, Ruby on WinCE)

> Persistency
>
> [An evaluation template for ObjectRelationalMapper (ORM) can be found
> within jamORM.]
>
>     * Persitency layer results directly out of the Object Model

Supported (Og)

>     * No need to deal with persitency tools, xml-config-files etc.

No configuration at all, use standard Ruby objects.

>     * Provides persistence-design-metadata
>           o accessible by code-generators
>           o accessible by runtime

Supported (prop_accessor mechanism)

>     * Flexible Technology usage
>           o RDBMS or OODBMS
>           o Embedded within app
>           o or on seperate server

Supported, Og uses RDBMS backends to emulate an OODB environment.

>     * Easy migration mechanisms
>           o Technology A to B
>           o Vendor A to B

You can switch backends (for example go from Mysql to Postgres) by
changinf a single line.

> Security
>
>     * Flexible security system
>           o Security inheritance
>           o Plugable security systems
>     * Supports several encryption strengths
>
> GUI / Webinterface
>
>     * Exchangeable GUI System
>     * GUI is decoupled from Business Objects
>     * Automated creation of Objects [Components] webinterfaces
>           o display Objects
>           o create Objects
>           o edit Objects
>
> Visual Modeling
>
>     * Use of UML to model the design
>     * Code level defined metadata is available/editable within UML tool
>     * Uses same code-generators that are used within IDE / Command-Line
>
> Automation
>
>     * All production steps should be automated or semi-automated.
>     * Automation is based on user-defined rule-systems.
>     * Manual processing can always override automations.

Automation / Code generation is the main feature.

> License and Standards Requirements

BSD licence

> The combined technologies include one or more programming languages and
> should fulfill whenever possible the following prioritized basic
> requirements:
>
> [For programming languages: at minimum the "execution environment" or
> "runtime".]
>
>     * Based on Open Source (FSF freedom, OSI extensibility)
>     * Based on Open Standards
>     * Platform independent
>     * Language neutral
>
> Examples