On 06:34 Sat 19 Feb     , jason_watkins / pobox.com wrote:

> > I also tried to focus on Rails' performance, which I think is where
> > most of their interest was. These people were all pretty focused on
> > Java--using it in their workplace, etc., so it's not very likely that
> > any single presentation would ever convert them to Ruby if all it
> does
> > is focus on "cool". So I tried to give some performance metrics for
> > Basecamp and 43 Things (thanks very much to DHH and Eric Hodel for
> > their assistance!), and I think that really opened their eyes.
>
> Would you mind elaborating on the figures in the slides a bit, with the
> sort of comments you'd make in the talk?

I'd be happy to answer specific questions. Trying to narrate each
slide would take more time than I'm willing to spend on this right
now, though.

One thing I learned while I was giving the presentation: the load
number is the average number of processes waiting for a resource.
Didn't know that before. :)

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck