Martin DeMello wrote:
> - What?
>   FXIrb is a simple FXText wrapper around IRB, giving it useful features
>   like a decent GUI font and cut/paste capability. The current version
>   is being developed under Windows; I'll look at crossplatform operation
>   in a later release
>
> - Why?
>   IRB in the standard Windows terminal is quite painful to use. (The
>   linux terminal is a lot more capable, which is why I'm concentrating
>   my development efforts on Windows right now). Thanks to Marco Fraillis
>   for the initial Windows port, and to Gilles Filippini for starting the
>   project.

I confess I am not a frequent user of irb; I prefer to use vim and
execute code straight through the editor.  But I tend to do a great deal
of mundane work on Win2k using the cmd shell.  What features are missing
that you want to put into fxirb?

Or, put another way, what do find so painful about the cmd shell?

Thanks,

James