Martin DeMello <martindemello / yahoo.com> wrote:
>   FXIrb is a simple FXText wrapper around IRB, giving it useful features
>   like a decent GUI font and cut/paste capability. The current version
>   is being developed under Windows; I'll look at crossplatform operation
>   in a later release

I have to admit I'm absolutely astonished at the number of people here
who use Ruby on the Windows platform... many of them Ruby experts like
yourself.

I somehow have this image of open source languages like
Perl/Python/Ruby mostly thriving on the Unix platform.  I mean sure,
there are Windows ports, but those are usually assumed to be
second-rate.

I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.  Windows people have to hack
software too.  I would imagine they would prefer more official
development environments with fancy polished GUIs and the such, but
hey why not Ruby.

Cheers,
Navin.