- What?
  FXIrb is a simple FXText wrapper around IRB, giving it useful features
  like a decent GUI font and cut/paste capability. The current version
  is being developed under Windows; I'll look at crossplatform operation
  in a later release

- Why?
  IRB in the standard Windows terminal is quite painful to use. (The
  linux terminal is a lot more capable, which is why I'm concentrating
  my development efforts on Windows right now). Thanks to Marco Fraillis
  for the initial Windows port, and to Gilles Filippini for starting the
  project.

- Where?
  http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=501

- Now what?
  This is a rather alpha release; I'd mostly like people to bang on it
  and see what functionality they feel is missing. My current top
  priority is multiline editing, but I'm open to feature requests,
  suggestions and (particularly!) contributions. If the next version
  looks good, I'm going to work with Curt and Laurent and make a proper
  FreeRIDE plugin out of it.

martin