Kero wrote:

>>>I was thinking that a Virtual Ruby Group could be as simple as a couple
>>>people who didn't have other rubyists in their area to band together on
>>>their own ML, and to setup online meetings once a month to start a
>>>project together. This seems like a good way for ruby programmers, both
>>>new and advanced to be apart of something. This could get as geeky as
>>>people with WebCams, Microphones, etc... or just be a 2 people emailing
>>>each other back and forth.
>

> .....but with your own ML, only use it for meetings, not for general Ruby
> questions. We have a ML. Do not fork the ML.

> (plenty of web-software that encourages you to make your own this, your
> own that, your own everything. That does not mean it is always a good idea.)

> Absolutely!

Kero,

All of your points are valid, and some of them I may/may not disagree
with, but I dont' think this Virtual Ruby Group is at that point yet to
be thinking of those things. We still need to find out who's all
interested and throw out some project ideas. Once we see what we're
working with I'm sure the participating folks will be able to throw out
suggestions for successful communication between the group, which will
work for them.

One foot forward at a time, thanks for your feedback,

Zach