Gene A Rogers wrote:

# Implementations of TCL are said to be thread safe (as in AOLServer)
# but I wonder if that's an accurate description of what actually
# exists.  I think that they actually keep a pool of available
# interpreters (if I'm incorrect someone please correct me) ready for
# use by a thread in that case the interpreter itself is run on a
# single thread, just kept around and ready.  I guess I need to look a
# bit further into the issue.

Preliminary searches of:

and follow-up posts to:

    comp.lang.tcl

are often pretty good for answering such questions.

Conrad Schneiker