Hal Fulton wrote:
> Zach Dennis wrote:
>
>> Lyle Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> Well, there is of course the existing IRC channel at freenode, so I
>>> don't think we want to splinter off from that. Are you suggesting that
>>> we try to augment that (e.g. with webcams and what-not)?
>>

>> Sort of, and sort of not. I remember going to a few other Ruby Groups
>> web sites (I think Seattle.rb was the most recent and it was mentioned
>> on the list) and I really the liked the idea of people getting
>> together and starting projects together. I thought this was really
>> awesome of these groups to do this.
>

> I think this is a good idea, though it might be tricky in practice.
 >
> One reason I got interested in FreeRIDE was I had the idea for a
> pair-programming editor (about 2.5 years ago).
>
> Curt said it would be easy to implement, but it has never been
> added to FreeRIDE yet.
>
> But if I had a practical way to communicate, I'd love to collaborate
> on some stuff.

It appears there are other folks out there willing to give this a shot!
I'm going to wait until later today or tomorrow in case some others want
to show interest on this thread, then I'll post a few suggestions and
questions for those interested and maybe we can get something going (or
at least a plan of attack) for our Virtual Ruby Group.

Zach