Francis Hwang wrote:
> Ah, my bad. I wasn't looking carefully at the code. Though it's the
> scrolling I'm reacting to, so it's still the same ... of course, others
> may feel different.
>
> Are you aware, BTW, of Paul Duncan's del.icio.us lib for Ruby? I use it
> myself, it's pretty stable right now. Though I suppose if you've already
> done the RSS parsing you might need this anyway.

Yes, though truthfully I think it entirely slipped my mind when writing
my feed-fetcher.

Go figure.

I basically just use a cron job to call wget or something and write the
data to disk, and then a small script using the built-in RSS libs to
insert records into the DB reading from the local disk files.

The main code has no idea where the data originally came from.  It just
calls into a local Web service to get stuff.  If del.icio.us suddenly
goes away or stops people from snarfing RSS feeds the app wouldn't care.

James