Ah, my bad. I wasn't looking carefully at the code. Though it's the
scrolling I'm reacting to, so it's still the same ... of course, others
may feel different.

Are you aware, BTW, of Paul Duncan's del.icio.us lib for Ruby? I use it
myself, it's pretty stable right now. Though I suppose if you've
already done the RSS parsing you might need this anyway.

http://pablotron.org/software/rubilicious/

On Feb 17, 2005, at 10:28 PM, James Britt wrote:

> Francis Hwang wrote:
>> Oh, one other thing: Personally, I think iframes look pretty awful,
>> unless you can guarantee that they'll never scroll. Trying to do what
>> you're doing, going without will take more work -- you'd probably end
>> up parsing del.icio.us's info directly in Javascript, I think -- so
>> maybe it's not really worth it to make it pretty.
>
> There are no frames.  This is CSS + XHTML + JavaScript.
>
> The data comes from a MySQL instance on the ruby-doc server; I fetch
> RSS from del.icio.us every few hours or so.   The page uses
> XmlHttpRequest to make calls back to the server
>
> Having the data local gives far more flexibility.  Plus it avoids
> burdening the del.icio.us site.
>

>> Thanks again for offering ruby-doc,
>

> My pleasure!
>

> James