Paul>   /\w+(\.\w+)*@\w+(\.\w+)*/

Paul> Referring to ruby-talk 12633, this is probably more correct. I think
Paul> it matches with the specification I found at http://www.rfc822.com
Paul> but I could be wrong.

You're wrong. :)

First hint is that *every* character except whitespace can be to the left
of the @ sign.  One of my friends has the email address of *@qz.to
Yes.  That's his address.  Star at q z dot t o.

I also have an autoresponder at fred&barney / stonehenge.com - test it out.

Please read my other responses in this thread.

<merlyn / stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>