On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:59:51 +0900, at <"neo.matrix.fr(at)"@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>  > //Come on! Real programmers don't comment their code. It was
>  > //hard to write, it should be hard to understand ;)
>  >
> it's so funny ;-)
>  >
> )
>  >
>  > The closest connection bw code and comments I can think of is (eiffel's)
>  > pre/post condition..
> if fully agree with you and I believe at 100% in pre/post conditions,
> class invariant, check clause... and in general in Design By Contract
>
> it answers well at the question : Who do what ? With wich garanties ?
> == The *most* important question to solve the issue of the quality of
> software ==
>
> Ytoba

Part of that can be done by well written AND explained unit tests.
That is my current favorite method. Pre/Post can be so limiting for
some things as ruby supports diverse behavior and I tend to use its
dynamics to the fullest (even to the point where the method is
dynamically added so I can't easily add a comment to it).

Just my thoughts. Still a bright green nuby although I am getting
shades of red finally ;-)

Brian.