benny schrieb:
> Benny is happy to announce his first published piece of software:
> "FaceToFace" available as gem.

Very nice. One question: how is the return value of the conversion code used?

>   MyClass.register_from( YourClass ) do |my, your|
>        my.message = your.data
>        my
>   end

A second example:

 >   MyClass.register_from( YourClass ) do |my, your|
 >     my.message = your.data
 >     my.message
 >   end

Just a remark:

> In the near future there will be a Slot class that is meant to be an
> Interface to most of the core types/classes.
>
> If two classes have a conversion method to/from the same Slot, it will be
> possible to convert them into each other via this Slot. This should
> sometimes eliminate the need of direct or multiple conversion.

I think the name "Slot" could be misleading. (See previous discussions about the
term "slot" in this mailing list.) Or are you planning to nest the name "Slot"
in a namespace as in "FaceToFace::Slot"?

Regards,
Pit