On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Ilias Lazaridis defenestrated me:

> I simply need to produce software.
>
> You have described many systems.
>
> Java has hundreds, possibly thousands of it.
>
> But you cannot produce software with those technologies, when you have
> the requirement "OOAD", "scalable", "embeddable", and some others that
> i've described (which essentially are nothing special).
>
> -
>
> Isn't there any _bundle_ of those Ruby technologies that you listed,
> which are verified, which allow a simple software production, without
> the need of research & plumbing?
>
> Just Download & start?

  What Java bundles exist where you just download and start?  Especially
that does a fraction of what you are talking about.  Many frameworks and
tools exist in Java, but they all require research and I cannot think
of a single-stop solution.   Enterprise highly scalable stuff exists for
java, but that stuff is never really simple software production.  It also
always seems to need plenty of plumbing.

  Your requirements seem more like an outline for a corporate white
paper than a real-world use case for software development.  At least
with the amount of detail you have.  Perhaps you could revise your
research a little to collate and organize a list of ruby software that
could be combined into a "dream" system (people have been trying to help you
fill out such a list)?  Maybe provide more concrete considerations why some
of the technologies fall short?

-Tom

--
+ http://www.tc.umn.edu/~enebo +---- mailto:enebo / acm.org ----+
| Thomas E Enebo, Protagonist  | "A word is worth a thousand  |