Hi --

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 centrepins / gmail.com wrote:

> Page 349 of the (printed) pickaxe2 mentions '::' and '.', but doesn't
> really suggest which one is best to use.  So I guess it's possibly one
> of those "preffered-style" things?

I've never seen :: used where the receiver was anything but a Class or
Module, and usually for constant access rather than method access.
*Please* let's not start seeing it in the general case....

> It seems a little bit odd to me to have two ways of doing the same
> thing.  Seems best (as was mentioned above) to stick to :: for module
> access and . for everything else.  ??

I would advocate :: for constant access, and . for method access.

David

--
David A. Black
dblack / wobblini.net