In article <125f9687de3746202982b21253296ca6 / iconoplex.co.uk>, Paul Robinson
wrote:
>On 13 Feb 2005, at 09:00, Tim Sutherland wrote:
>
>> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyNews/2005-02-07
>>
>>                    Ruby Weekly News 7th - 13rd February 2005
>>    comp.lang.ruby newsgroup. This summary is brought to you by Tim
>> Sutherland
>>    (TimSuth).
>
>This is a really useful summary you're doing. Assuming you're going to
>be able to keep this going in the long-term (perhaps get some help to
>cover for those inevitable weeks real life gets in the way?) is there
>any way you can send this out to its own mailing list or perhaps make
>it available via RSS? It would mean I'd be able to 'mark all read' when
>I get behind here a lot more easily. :-) I *might* even be able to
>unsub from some of the lists I'm on!

These sound like good ideas. Trans has offered to help me out when I have
"real life" issues.

I'm intending to write a simple Rails app at same stage to help with
creating the weekly news. (e.g. "ignore this thread", "summarise this
thread", plus some info on what threads are likely to be interesting, e.g.
number of new posts in the thread this week. This will all be open so anyone
can go to the site and summarise one or two threads.)

Once I've done that, adding in RSS support shouldn't be too hard, and I
would put in a mailing list too.

Maybe I'll get a domain name like rubyweeklynews.org and stick a
textdrive.com site up. (I've been inspired by James Edward Gray II's
rubyquiz.com.) Other suggestions for the domain name?

Thanks for the feedback.