Lyle Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 06:44:58 +0900, Stefan Schmiedl <s / xss.de> wrote:
>

>>.... a very impressive 100-line who's who and what's what that I'll be
>>keeping for some time.
>

> I was thinking the same thing (and not just because my name was
> mentioned). A really nice run-down of a lot of the Ruby-based
> technologies out there. We should probably archive this on the Wiki,
> no?

I've seen the "maybe that should go on the wiki" response quite a few times.  My
thought about that, though, is when i have problems, i do google searches.  I've
found a lot of answers in ruby-talk but i've never found anything from the wiki.
There's probably a very obvious reason for that.  But the point is that when someone
suggests putting something on the wiki, from my point of view (and that's all it is)
it's useless there.  If an answer appears in ruby-talk, though, then its useful to
me.  I find it.  My problem is solved.

Anyone ever consider that angle of things?  It's nice when you _do_ run across
material that's worth reading and you're interested enough in to read it, but i (and
many others, i would guess) tend to be problem driven, wanting to find the answer to
a specific problem.  And in order to _find_ things that way, you google (or other)
search and whatever you come up with is pretty much the domain of what you have to
look through for answers.

?