On Feb 14, 2005, at 6:39 PM, Marcus Sharp wrote:
> *putting on flame retardant pants*

;) hope they are comfortable :)

> As a noob to Ruby who was convinced to try it after reading why's
> wonderful work, i will say that i find Ruby "harder" than Python.  To
> call Python a "joke of a language" is pretty harsh by the way.   It is
> taking me much, much longer to work my way through the PickAxe book
> than it did Learning Python.  In just a few days of that book, I wrote
> fully functional (albeit very tiny) applications that did what I
> needed them to do.  As well, at the time, the Python community was
> helpful to the noob. Of course, Python doesn't have why, so it loses
> on that aspect.  :)

sorry for the harshness, it was aimed in a as good
as flame/troll like manner at the replied to poster...

i'm just bitter as the last time i had to suffer
in python's hands its indentation "magic" wasted me
most of an afternoon. i switched to ruby that same day
almost 4 years ago now, converted all my python code
to ruby code in the following few weeks, and settled
down in my new home.

maybe i should relax up on python.
i just hate that its brought up in ruby-talk.
wish people would stop that.

Alex