Hi Florian,

Florian Gross <flgr / ccan.de> wrote:
> > Are there any nice or existing solutions for attaching to a running
> > Ruby process and changing the code on the fly from the console?
>
> This would be possible by using a secondary thread that keeps spawning
> up breakpoints. E.g.:
>
> require 'breakpoint'
> Thread.new do
>    loop do
>      begin
>        breakpoint
>      rescue Exception
>      end
>    end
> end
>
> After that you could use the breakpoint_client to get a live shell where
> you could change and check basically everything.

I am doing this now, but the problem is that I have quite a few
configuration parameters stored in global variables such as $bg_color
that I would like to inspect and change.  However, since breakpoint is
running in its own thread I can't seem to access these.

Any ideas how I might get it to do that?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Navin.