In message <200502141233.34120.probertm / acm.org>, Mark Probert
<probertm / acm.org> writes
>5.  There doesn't appear to be an easy way of tracking memory usage /
>allocations within ruby.  Are there any plans on adding something that might
>help?  Or is it all too system dependant?

Software Verification will be providing a Memory inspection tool for
Ruby. It will initially be available on Windows. Initial research work
has been completed. The software tool will show allocations sites,
references, garbage collections, loiterers, cycles etc - all the stuff
you need to identify problem areas in Ruby code. Implementation will be
later this year. I can't give you a date at this time because I don't
know one.

        http://www.softwareverify.com

Stephen
--