Ilias Lazaridis <ilias / lazaridis.com> wrote:

> Simply stated:
>
> how can I create objects.
> how can I make them persistent.
> how can I create a generic GUI
> how can I create a generic Web GUI
> how can I update the object model

If what you're looking for is a full stack web framework, check Rails
out - it does a really good job of designing the various parts to
interact well with each other from the outset. It let me throw together
a trivial CRUD app in a week, two days of which were spent on Apche
issues. I've not used Nitro or Wee, but I've heard good things about
both of those too.

Non-web GUIs - http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ComparingGuiToolkits

As for objects, it's nigh impossible to use  Ruby *without* creating
them :)

Surfing the Rubygarden wiki and the newsgroup archives should garner you
a lot more.

martin