On 14 Feb 2005, at 00:26, James Edward Gray II wrote:
[snip]
> I've used BBEdit for many years now.  It's a very polished very
> Mac-style editor, but the price is steep:
>
> http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/index.shtml
[snip]

The new release of TextWrangler, Bare Bones free editor, has most of
the coding features that BBEdit has - worth a look. I "upgraded" from
BBEdit 7 to TextWrangler and haven't missed any BBEdit features so far
;-)

> Recently, I am playing with TextMate as well.  The price is much
> friendlier and many of its automation features are very impressive.
> It's young, which I would say is a blessing and a curse.  One the plus
> side, it's under heavy development and you can literally see the
> changes weekly.  On the downside, it's still a little rough around
> some edges:

It is rather nice. I just played with the new beta yesterday and it's
much improved from the first release - although it still has some odd
corners.

Adrian