Luke Graham wrote:
> Some of it is possible. I have created persistent Ruby objects, for
> example. Persistent code is possible with some hacking, Ive done
> something that at least looks like persistent Ruby code from a
> distance, if you squint ;) Databases work. I use Ruby to generate C
> code, so you can make generators with it. Its open-source. It can be
> used remotely, there are packages around to send code across networks.
> You can get stuck into a reasonable amount of metadata for a language
> that isnt written in itself. Anything else you really want to know?

Yes, I would like to know if all this you have done is based on some
implemetations which are standard within the ruby community.

I would like something like:

create object

make it persistent with XYZpersist

obj.save ...

make a gui with XYZgui

obj. ...

and so on.

-

something, that I could give a newcomer to ruby (which knows object
orientation), and he could start immediatly to be productive.

..

[...]
>>>http://lazaridis.com/case/stack/index.html
>>>
>>>describes mostly state-of-the-art integrated commercial development
>>>systems, nothing more.
>>>
>>>I just want to know, which of the constructs are supported within the
>>>ruby world: which systems exist and which would I have to implement myself.

..

--
http://lazaridis.com