Anders Engströí wrote:

> That '\n' is pretty confusing for a newbie.

How do you know that?

I'd be interested in any good sources that detail the sort of things
different types of newbies find troublesome or confusing.

Offhand, I don't quite see that "\n" would be such a problem given a
reasonably succinct explanation.  My own experience with teaching
programming newbies suggests that most of them are comfortable with
fairly straight-forward edicts (e.g., "That's just how you tell the
computer to start writing to a new line").

It's the more abstract stuff (e.g., blocks, high-order functions, even
the notion of a variable) that spooks them.

James