David A. Black wrote:
> As for method calls -- I tend to prefer them with parens, but actually
> seeing how it plays out in Rails has softened me a little.  You get
> things like:
>
>    class Teacher
>      has_many :sections
>      has_one  :gradebook
>
> etc., where the non-parens allow for a rather nice-looking
> pseudo-config-file look.

I prefer to avoid parens when it adds to readability by removing
needless reminders that This Is A Computer Language.

I've been using WATIR to create some Web tests for a client, and have
been mucking about creating a DSL such that the average non-programmer
can write a fairly intuitive set of commands without using meaningless
(to them) parens.  I'd prefer them not have to think in terms of
arguments and methods, but in simple commands following an intuitive
sequence.

James