"Austin Ziegler" <halostatue / gmail.com> wrote
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:55:01 +0900, itsme213 <itsme213 / hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I am considering extending ruwiki (if needed) to add some metadata to
links
> > in ruwiki. e.g.
> > topic1
> >     (specialize) --> topic2
> >     (specialize) --> topic3
> >     (related) --> topic4
>
> I'm not quite sure what you're after here. Can you expand on this?

Currently a WikiWord indicates a link to a wiki page. In my case, one page
might have two different categories of links to other pages. The categories
have different meaning in my problem (will be treated differently by
scripts, may be presented differently, etc.). I thought I would
differentiate them by adding some optional link metadata to each link.

e.g. if I have pages for people:
Joe_Smith
Bob_Brown
Mary_Spence
Sue_Singer

If I want to distinguish "friend" from "acquaintance" links. Suppose I use
"{...}" for this metadata. I might add to page Mary:
    ...Bob_Brown{friend}
    ...Sue_Singer{acquaintance}

I would like want to distinguish these links in scripts, and the
corresponding html might have:
...<a class="rwtk_NamedLinks friend" href="...>Bob_Brown</a>..<a
class="rwtk_NamedLinks acquaintance" href="...>Sue_Singer</a>
1. Would this be feasible? Where would I start looking? Suggestions for
syntax?

2. Related question: Where would I look to try to add such metadata to the
pages themselves? e.g. distinguish People pages from Company pages?
Suggestions for syntax?

4. Somewhat related question: Can pages be renamed in Ruwiki?

Thanks a bunch.