> L?hett?j?: nobu.nokada / softhome.net
> Aihe: Re: Creating objects from a template
>
> Hi,
>
> At Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:16:23 +0900,
> E S wrote in [ruby-talk:130578]:
> > >   my_new_unit = types["Panzer"].new.extend(Unit) # As later
> >
> > I thought #extend only works for instance methods, not variables?
>
> extend_object module method will be called.
>
>   module Unit
>     def self.extend_object(obj)
>       super
>       obj._unit_initialize
>     end
>   end

Yep, sure enough it seems to work (which is obviously a very good
thing)! I'm relying on ruby-doc.org from work and looks like the
source doc they're using is outdated/incorrect/inaccurate:

obj.extend:
Adds to obj the instance methods from each module given as a
parameter.

mod.extend_object:
Extends the specified object by adding this module?s constants and
methods (which are added as singleton methods).

> --
> Nobu Nakada

Thanks!