From: Curt Hibbs [mailto:curt / hibbs.com]
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 11:15 AM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: new to this language

Ghelani, Vidhi wrote:

> Hey curt,
>
> No I did'nt install this using the one-click installer. Truly
> speaking I don't know how I got this. Neways, I tried 2 things
> 1) Tried using irb from the secure shell that I am using. I just
> typed irb, and it says -bash: -irm: command not found
> 2) Since I have a windows machine, I tried using the command
> prompt window and from there I typed in irb. Hmm...but this Does
> not work either !
>
> How do I go about getting irb, cos it sounds really kewl.

Go here:

  http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/

and follow the download link. Download the latest version of the
installer
(182-14). Once you have installed ruby from you should find a number of
use
tools in you start menu under "Ruby", and you should be able to run
"irb"
from the command line to get into an interactive ruby session.

Curt