Actually, Donald's question makes me think of one
of my own.

Suppose I have three Ruby methods (doesn't matter
whether they are bound to a receiver or are "standalone").
And suppose they read standard input and write to standard
output. How would I (easily/properly) chain them together,
effectively doing   meth1 | meth2 | meth3 ?

I fiddled with a "Pipable" class... didn't make much progress.

I also considered something like meth1._pipe.meth2._pipe.meth3
(adding a _pipe method and a couple of pipe objects to
every Object) but decided this was a crazy scheme.

Any ideas?

Hal